A complete guide to Hydropool hot tubs
In the world of hot tubs, the options seem endless. At Hydropool, we understand the confusion that comes with choosing the perfect hot tub. That’s why we want to simplify your decision-making process.
By Jon Filson
Hydropool Hot Tubs and Swim Spas
Published Oct 30, 2023
In the world of hot tubs, the options seem endless.
At Hydropool, we understand the confusion that comes with choosing the perfect hot tub. That’s why we want to simplify your decision-making process.
Our lineup isn’t a complicated one. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into our two primary collections: Signature and Serenity.
The two have some similarities. For example, all Hydropool hot tubs are well-insulated, energy-efficient and built to withstand the cold of a Canadian winter. But we carry two collections for a reason, and it’s because they have different elements to offer.
How much is a Hydropool? See below for a breakdown of our range of hot tubs:
- Serenity is a mid-level hot tub, with what is considered industry standard filtration. Its price range is between £8,295 and £10,795 (all prices include VAT). For full pricing, head to the individual web page of any model.
- Signature is our top-of-the-line hot tub with elite and patented self-cleaning abilities (which we will explain a bit later on). Its price range is between £11,795 and £20,995, with many stops in-between (again, prices include VAT, all pricing is listed on each model page).
- It is worth noting here that Hydropool retailers also typically carry a less expensive line of hot tubs called DreamMaker, which begin at £4995. These rotomolded hot tubs are made in Florida: you can find out more about them by clicking here.
Hydropool has have existed in Canada since 1980 and has been selling in the UK for decades, as one of the first companies to ship hot tubs overseas. Today we have 27 stores in the UK and Ireland and more than 300 around the world.
We get asked about the differences between our two lines often in those stores, and that’s why we wanted to write this article – to make it as easy as possible on you to see the differences between the two and understand why we’re a premium brand.
By the end, of this article, we hope you’ll have a clear understanding of what sets Hydropool apart, and which of our two collections will suit you best.
Where are Hydropool hot tubs made?
All of our hot tubs are built by hand in Mississauga, Ontario in Canada. We build by hand so we are capable of being flexible and building a hot tub for your preferences, rather than rolling them off a pre-programmed assembly line, which limits your customization options.
What is Hydropool’s self-cleaning hot tub?
Let’s clarify what a “collection” means. Think of it as a diverse family of hot tubs, each unique yet connected to Hydropool. For 2024, our top-of-the-line Signature Collection features a dozen models, built for three people up to seven (check them all out here).
Along with an enhanced wellness program, the standout feature on the Signature collection is the self-cleaning system, a patented innovation that is unique to Hydropool.
What’s unique about the self-cleaning system is that its design is based on how commercial or public pools are built. Public pools are built with much higher standards than hot tubs are and are more heavily regulated. The elements included in our self-cleaning hot tubs are the exact same ones, and work the same way.
Hydropool originally began as a pool company. So when it entered the hot tub business it built the tubs to the same rigorous specifications.
What does that mean in practice? Each Signature has:
- A top skimmer, which picks up any particles that float on top of the water.
- A floor vacuum, which sucks up anything that falls to the bottom.
- A filtering system with no-bypass filtration. What that means is the pump is ahead of the filter. The pump thus forces all water into the filter, which ensures all of your water is cycled through the filter every 10 minutes in your hot tub.
The self-cleaning system is better viewed than explained! Here’s a video that showcases how the self-cleaning system works.
When you combine the self-cleaning system with Hydropool’s PureWater AOP system (that stands for Advanced Oxidation Process), you have the most unique and stellar water sanitization system available.
An AOP system treats your water similar to how your drinking water is treated. Using combined UV light and an oxidization process, it removes the need for any floating chemical dispenser in the Signature models. It also reduces the amount of chemicals you need in your hot tub by up to 50 per cent.
For more on how a PureWater system operates, watch this video.
This entire sanitization system, including both PureWater and the self-cleaning system comes standard on all Signature models. It’s all meant to achieve less hassle for you once you own the hot tub, so you can spend more time enjoying it than maintaining it.
In contrast to the Signature line, the biggest change to the Serenity Collection is that it adheres more closely to industry-standard cleaning methods, while still being built to the same high standards as the Signature.
The sanitization system it uses is similar to what most hot tubs use around the world. It is common in hot tubs because it is capable of cleaning a smaller body of water, with a bit more effort on the part of the owner. The system features a top skimmer and puts the filter in front of the pump as its major cleaning elements.
For more on the Serenity collection, click here.
How is the massage in Hydropool’s hot tubs?
The Hydropool Signature features the most advanced Wellness program Hydropool offers. Zone Therapy exists across the Hydropool hot tub lineup, but the Signature edition has the most elite version of it.
Hydropool focuses on creating opportunities for full body massage with its hot tubs. Other hot tub companies may focus on the back or feet or neck other areas with unique jets.
With the Signature, you have a choice of eight pre-programmed massage options, each of which targets a specific issue for enhanced wellness. For more, click here.
Hydropool’s Serenity collections also features Zone Therapy, providing a range of jets and seats on every hot tub so that you can enjoy a full-body massage.
What options are available on Hydropool hot tubs?
Signature hot tubs come with two different sub-categories, known as Gold and Platinum.
- Our Gold category is a single pump unit. The advantage of a single pump is that it is less expensive up front.
- Our Platinum category is a double pump. The double pump is slightly more expensive to purchase, but slightly less expensive to run over time and tends to be more durable, because the motors are less taxed. It also features an enhanced wellness program, where you’re able to use eight pre-programmed massages that are targeted to specific areas of your body.
Serenity hot tubs are single pump units across the collection. All Hydropool hot tubs feature thermal blanket insulation, steel frames and Zone Therapy massage jets.
In terms of additional options, you can opt for features such as a smartphone app for remote control, ozone systems, various lighting options and different covers, ensuring your hot tub matches your preferences. Hydropool provides a range of options, including colour choices for the acrylics and the exterior cabinets.
Is Hydropool a good hot tub?
We are biased, but we think yes! We think both Hydropool’s Serenity and Signature collections provide excellent value and industry-leading technology.
The decision between Hydropool Serenity and Signature hot tubs depends on your preferences and budget.
- Serenity hot tubs offer competitive pricing and essential features, making them a popular choice for budget-conscious buyers still looking for a high-quality experience.
- Signature hot tubs, with their self-cleaning technology and premium hydrotherapy, cater to those seeking looking for the best hot tub that takes the least effort to maintain.
At Hydropool, our goal is to offer a hot tub that aligns with your needs. Both our Serenity and Signature Collections are crafted with the same attention to detail and built to be tough enough to handle anything Canadian winters throw at them. Both come with a range of options for you to be sure you’re going to get the exact hot tub you want.
If you have more questions, our dedicated Hydropool dealers are here to assist you. Find the one closest to you here.